The wearing of school uniforms by students helps builds self confidence and a sense of connection with their community. Our school uniform requirements have been developed in collaboration with our community.
Benefits of school uniforms
The wearing of school uniforms by students assists the school community in:
- defining an identity for the school within the community
- developing students' sense of belonging to the school community
- providing an opportunity to build school spirit
- enhancing the health and safety of students when involved in school activities
- promoting a sense of inclusiveness, non-discrimination and equal opportunity
- reinforcing the perception of the school as an ordered and safe environment
- increasing the personal safety of students and staff by allowing easier recognition of visitors and potential intruders in the school
- promoting positive community perceptions of public education
- making school clothing more affordable for families by eliminating the risk of peer pressure to wear transiently fashionable and expensive clothes.
Our School Uniform details can be found here.