At Wamberal Public School, we provide opportunities for meaningful student participation and leadership, including student voice and decision making.
We do this by:
- valuing and engaging student voice within teaching and learning, school planning, operations and governance
- involving students in conversations and decisions about what and how they learn and how their learning is assessed
- developing student participation and leadership skills and nurturing character to support our students' active citizenship
- providing inclusive student leadership opportunities within the classroom, school and wider community, including the Student Representative Council (SRC)
- providing opportunities for student participation and leadership that celebrate difference, diversity, and that recognise, respect and respond to identity and cultural background
- providing opportunities for all students to actively contribute to the school and their community through mentoring, student service learning and volunteering.
A copy of our Student Participation and Leadership Guide (pdf 220 KB) is available here.
Details about our Safe Respectful Leader Program can be found here.