Helping out at school is a great way to get involved in your child's education and to get to know the school staff and other parents.
Research shows that children benefit when their parents are actively involved in their education and school life.
Keep an eye on the school newsletter for opportunities to help out at school and ask your child's teacher if you are interested in helping in the classroom. You will be required to complete a working with children check beforehand.
Here are some ways you can help:
- listen to children read in the classroom
- volunteer on sports days
- help to supervise excursions
- get involved in fundraising activities
- join a school committee.
Parent, carers and grandparent helpers are an important way in which the school and families can build the partnership between home and school. Volunteers possess valuable and varied skills and can help our school and teachers in many ways to make our school a more successful learning environment for our children. We strongly encourage you to consider how you can contribute to our school.
There are many ways you can become involved at school:
• talking positively about school
• talking to your child's teacher about anything that concerns you
• helping in the classroom
• assisting with the management of school resources
• helping in student learning support programs
• helping with sport, excursions and events
• supporting fund raisers
• attending special days, functions and school assemblies
• volunteering in our canteen
• joining our WPS P&C
Parents, carers and volunteers interested in volunteering in any capacity are required to complete a Prohibited Employment Declaration and provide 100 points of ID.
To further support volunteers, we are holding a number of induction sessions that parents and volunteers are required to undertake before working with students.
Sessions will be held in Weeks 3 and 4 in Term 1 to guide volunteers through operational matters of the school and ways to specifically support students.
Parent and Volunteer Information Sessions will be held at school on:
• Wednesday 14 February 2018 from 10:00 – 11:00am
• Thursday 15 February 2018 from 10:00 – 11:00am
• Monday 26 February 2018 from 10:00 – 11:00am
• Friday 2 March 2018 from 10:00 – 11:00am
• Wednesday 2 May 2018 from 10:00 – 11:00am
Future sessions will be held as required.
For catering purposes, please complete the RSVP to indicate your attendance via our Skoolbag App (select Parent eForms).
Additional sessions will be held periodically throughout the year as needed.
We look forward to meeting all parents and carers interested in volunteering and contributing to our school's success.
Our Wamberal Public School's Code of Conduct for parents, visitors and volunteers provides additional details.