Wamberal Public School is a PBL school.
Positive Behaviour for Learning, known as PBL, is an evidence-based whole school systems approach that:
- addresses the diverse academic and social needs of every student to support them to be successful
- supports students in early childhood settings through to senior years of schooling
- enables schools to establish a continuum of supports that are intensified to meet the needs of every student
- is team driven, using a problem solving approach (data, systems and practices) that engages students, parents and all school staff
- establishes positive social expectations for all in the school community
- provides a framework for the school and its community to collectively support the wellbeing of every students.
When implemented well:
- students respond positively as they have been taught what is expected of them
- staff deliver consistent responses to student learning and behaviour
- students feel safe and cared for at school. Their parents, family and community are more involved in their school
- unproductive and challenging behaviour can be significantly reduced for most students.
Please find below our Expected Behaviours Matrix.
Expected Behaviours Matrix (docx 80 KB)
This outlines the clear expectations we are teaching and implementing at WPS.
Students are rewarded for demonstrating safe, respectful learner behaviour by receiving SRLs. SRLs are tokens which the students save to trade for end of term rewards.
Our latest PBL Rewards Menu is available on our Notes and Forms page.
For further information on PBL Click Here